AHA 2020 PALS Provider eManual (Digital)
This product is non-returnable
The PALS Provider Manual eBook is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during, and after class.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- The AHA PALS Provider Manual eBook contains all the information students need to successfully complete the AHA PALS Course
- Designed for use by a single user and as a student reference tool pre- and post-course
- This digital manual includes information on the systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, and effective resuscitation and team dynamics.
- The PALS Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
- This course uses pre-course preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Includes the PALS Digital Reference Card (item 20-3121, also sold separately.)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing‐ the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
Content cannot be printed.