AHA 2020 Heartsaver® First Aid Student eBook (Digital)
This product is non-returnable.
The Heartsaver First Aid Student eBook offers a digital alternative to the printed workbook and contains all the information students need to successfully complete the Heartsaver First Aid Course. Designed for a single user, the text is a valuable reference tool before, during, and after the course.
The Heartsaver First Aid Digital Reference Guide (#20-3118) is automatically included as a bonus reference tool with the purchase of the Heartsaver First Aid Student eBook.
Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
Provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid.
The course empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, at home, or in the community.
With online, onsite, and classroom training*, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successful completion, students will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course topics taught.
Cannot be printed.